Whether you’re an avid biker, adding some outdoor activities to your existing workout routine or simply appreciate what nature has to offer, Thornton delivers a wealth of breathtaking scenic views throughout its many trails and local parks. From world-class wineries and an array of shopping centers to scenic bike trails, you’ll be sure to find a wealth of activities to suit your every mood. In this blog, we’ll take a glance at some of Thornton’s offerings in this best-of guide:
Good Spirits: If you enjoy wine, there’s no shortage of fantastic venues to visit nearby – for starters, check out Balistreri Vineyards, a family-owned-and-operated winery that features delicious pairings to complement the many vintages they offer. If you’re planning a girls’ night out, Wild Women Wine boasts design-your-own wine packages and bottling parties for an evening you won’t soon forget. For group outings where an industrial-artsy vibe is more your speed, Bigsby’s Folly Craft Winery & Restaurant delivers an extensive list of house wines and small plates ideal for sharing. Finally, if you’re looking to purchase a great selection of beer, wine, and spirits, Daveco Liquors is the perfect spot in Thornton to pick up your libations and sample them for free during Friday and Saturday tastings.
Shop Til You Drop: Thornton and the surrounding areas are a mecca for shopping centers and specialty shops – from popular retail outlets and fast-food chains to hair and nail salons, you can find nearly everything you can imagine in the area’s local malls and convention centers. If you’re looking for dinner and a movie, The Orchard Town Center offers tree-lined pathways to shops and restaurants, plus a multiplex cinema. Thornton Town Center also offers the convenience of well-loved establishments such as Starbucks Coffee to make your shopping experience a more enjoyable one. When you’re in the mood to dine in (or take out), Thorncreek Crossing features a wide array of restaurants, from smoothie shops to Thai food. For craft-lovers, Pinnacle Shopping Mall boasts a vast assortment of specialty stores, including Hobby Lobby for all your crafting needs.
Breakfast Of Champions: With so many excellent eateries around Thornton, you could try something new every day! If you’re searching for a family-friendly diner-style restaurant, The Egg & I Restaurants are a great local chain serving homestyle American breakfast and lunch standards. For those with a sweet-tooth, Daylight Donuts Urban Eatery is a cozy spot that’s ideal for a quick bite. When the craving for comfort food strikes, Pete’s Café is your go-to for small plates and classic diner fare in an unpretentious, family-style atmosphere. If you’re seeking breakfast with a Mexican twist, El Azteca Mexican Food features traditional fare, including breakfast burritos that are a customer favorite. First Watch in nearby Northglenn is a popular café chain for health-minded breakfast, brunch and lunch options including omelets, salads, and soups.
Know Your History: If you’re interested in learning more about Colorado State’s local history, there are a number of significant landmarks and historical buildings around Thornton. Here are our top 20 list of trip-worthy historical destinations:
- Colorado State Government: Capitol Building, 200 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, CO 80203
- Brunner Farmhouse, 640 Main St, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Doors Open Denver, 201 W. Colfax Ave., Fl 7, Dept. 1007, Denver, Co 80202
- Millennium Bridge, 16th St. Mall and Chestnut St., Denver, CO 80238
- I See What You Mean statue by Lawrence Argent, 700 14th St., Denver, CO 80202
- United States Mint, 320 W Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80204
- Denver City and County Building (City Hall), 1437 Bannock St, Denver, CO 80202
- Pilar of Fire, 3455 W. 83rd Ave., Westminster, CO 80031
- Giant Broom and Dustpan sculpture, 100 W. 14th Ave., Denver, CO 80204
- Bowles House Museum, 3924 W. 72nd Ave., Westminster, CO 80030
- The Sanctuary Downtown, 3101 W. 31st Ave., Denver, CO 80211
- Daniels and Fisher Tower, 1601 Arapahoe, Denver, CO 80202
- 9th Street Historic Park, 1068 9th St., Denver, CO 80204
- Thatcher Fountain, Denver, CO 80206
- Arvada Historical Society, 7307 Grandview Ave., Arvada, CO 80002
- Tree Sculpture, 100 W. 14th Ave., Denver, CO 80203
- Westminster Historical Society, 4350 W. 76th Ave., Westminster, CO 80030
- Independence Plaza, 1050 17th St., Denver, CO 80206
- Highland Bridge, (over I-25 to Downtown), Denver, CO 80206
- Sullivan Gateway, 2551 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, CO 80206
Happy Trails: And last but not least, if you’re looking for the best trails around Thornton, you can click here for a handy guide to find trail descriptions, trail maps, photos, and reviews. Whether you’re a resident or a visitor, there is so much to explore in beautiful Thornton, Colorado.