Happy Fall Chuze Families! We are missing you and your kiddos so much!
Our October Newsletter is all about Pumpkins! We have included some fun activities for you to do as a family and we would love to see how you and your children are enjoying these activities. Share your fun with us on Instagram, #ChuzeFamily.
We want to hear from you on how we can reopen Kids Club as safely as possible to go above and beyond local mandates and guidelines. If you have not had an opportunity yet, we would appreciate you taking 5 minutes to complete our Kids Club Survey:
We also would love for you to check out this video from our kids club team member, Meghan and her friend Aidan from our Broomfield, Colorado location! Watch as they work together to make a paper airplane!
With all of our love,
The Chuze Fitness Kids Club Team 💛
While Kids Club remains closed until further notice, you will not be billed for Kids Club dues.
October Craft Calendar
Five Little Pumpkins Rhyme
To the tune of “Five Little Monkeys”
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate
(hold up 5 fingers)
The first one said, “oh my it’s getting late!”
(Put hands on cheeks)
The second one said “There’s a chill in the air”
(give yourself a hug)
The third one said, “But we don’t care!”
(swing pointer finger side to side)
The fourth one said, “we are ready for some fun!”
(put your hands in the air)
The fifth one set, “Let’s run and run and run!”
(jog in place)
So whoooooooo went the wind,
(swing arms left and right)
And out went the light
(Clap your hands together)
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight!
(roll your hands together)
Snack Time: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
You Will Need:
- 1 Pumpkin with seeds
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Garlic salt or seasoning of your choice
- Use a large metal spoon to scrape out the seeds of the pumpkin and gooey insides attached.
- Transfer the seeds to a strainer.
- Place the strainer in your sink and rinse the seeds with cool water. While rinsing, sort through them with your hands and pull out the extra pumpkin guts.
- Place a paper towel on the counter next to the sink for the extra gooey guts. There will be some bits of pumpkin still mixed in with the seeds. Just get out as much as you can, then throw the extra parts away that you do not need.
- Spread the rinsed seeds on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Leave the baking sheet on your kitchen counter overnight so the seeds can dry. They will not roast as well if you put them in the oven when they are wet. It will be easy to pick out any remaining bits of pumpkin the next day, so no need to worry about perfection!
- The next day-Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a clean rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss seeds in a bowl with the olive oil and seasoning. Spread the seeds on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring about halfway through.
How to Grow Your Own Pumpkin
You Will Need:
- (1) 8 cm Planting Pot
- 1 Packet of Pumpkin Seeds or use some pumpkin seeds from the recipe above
- Fill the pot with compost loosely to the top of the pot.
- Make a hole with your finger to a depth of at least 2cm.
- Place 1-2 pumpkin seeds on their side in the hole, then cover with more compost.
- Water once per day, best in the evening.
- Remember to place your pot in an area that gets about 8-10 hours of sunlight per day.
- Pumpkins usually take about 90-100 days to fully grow. Once they start to outgrow the pot, you may transfer them outdoors, in the ground with compost and soil.
Don’t forget to Check out our Free Family Workouts!
The Great Pumpkin Workout
For an extra challenge use or hold a pumpkin for each exercise!
- Pumpkin Push-Press (10 reps)
- Pumpkin Step Ups (10 each leg)
- Pumpkin Lunges (10 each leg)
- Pumpkin Twists (10 each side)
- Pumpkin Sit Ups (10 reps)
- Pumpkin Squats (10 reps)
Pumpkin Spelling Workout
Push Ups x10
Up and down squats x10
March in place for 30 seconds
Plank hold for 15 seconds
Knee Raises for 30 seconds
Narrow Squats x10
Pumpkin Volcano Experiment
- Dish soap
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- ⅓ C white vinegar
- Food coloring (color of your choice)
- Mini pumpkin
- Knife and spoon
- Large plastic container or lid or baking sheet
- Using your knife, cut the top off the pumpkin and clean out the inside
- Bring your pumpkin outside and place it on the plastic container, lid, or baking sheet
- Add the baking soda to the pumpkin
- Add a few squirts of dish soap to the pumpkin
- Add one drop of each color of food coloring into the pumpkin
- Pour the vinegar into the pumpkin and watch the volcanoes erupt, WOW!
- You can rinse out the pumpkin to do the science experiment again and again!
- Make sure there is an adult to help with this fun experiment!
Q: What do you call a sporty and athletic pumpkin?
A: A jock o’ lantern
Q: How are gourds so healthy and strong?
A: By pumpkin iron (pumping iron).
Learn about The Lifecycle Of A Pumpkin:
Listen to a story about Spookley The Square Pumpkin:
Check out these awesome Pumpkin Facts:
Are you new to the Chuze Family? Learn more about Kids Club! Because moms and dads deserve a workout, too.