Nothing gets you pumped up and keeps you energized for a workout like some of the best workout songs. Whether you are heading outside for a quick run before work, hitting the gym after a day at the office, or taking a high-energy kickboxing class at the gym, the right music can set the tone for your whole workout.
Now that we have made it through January and you have had a chance to make some New Year’s fitness goals, let’s check out some of 2015’s best workout songs to motivate you this year. Whether you need strength-training, dance, cool down or warm-up songs, we’ve got you covered with the favorite workout songs of Chuze Fitness instructors.
Prepare your body and mind for an upcoming workout. Select a handful of these up-tempo, warm-up songs to enjoy while you stretch your muscles and get your blood pumping.
- Long Road – Jake Isaac
- Hey Mama – David Guetta Ft. Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha, and AfroJack
- Where Are Ü Now – Justin Bieber
- Magnets – Disclosure Ft. Lorde
- Can’t Keep Checking My Phone – Unknown Mortal Orchestra
- Blessings – Big Sean Ft. Drake and Kanye West
Strength Training Workout Songs
Once your blood is pumping and your muscles are warmed up and ready, it is time to move on to the main part of your workout. If that includes strength training, you are going to need some heavy duty tunes to power through each set of reps. The best strength-training workout songs keep your energy levels up and keep you focused on your fitness goals.
- Talking Body – Tove Lo
- Neon Future – Steve Aoki Ft. Luke Steele
- Plastered Smile – HOLYCHILD
- Do or Die – Flux Pavilion
- Guts Over Fear – Eminem Ft. Sia
- Dangerous – David Guetta Ft. Sam Martin
Dance Workout Songs
Dancing is a great way to have fun while burning calories and toning muscles. Good dance workout songs have a strong beat to keep up your energy and rhythm. Consider some of these hits that are popular with both fitness and music lovers.
- Jealous (I Ain’t With It) – Chromeo
- Boom Clap – Charli XCX
- Cool For The Summer – Demi Lovato
- Love Myself – Hailee Steinfeld
- Sugar – Robin Schulz Ft. Francesco Yates
- Collect My Love – The Knocks Ft. Alex Newell
Cool Down Songs
Once you have completed your final rep or danced your last step, it is time to slow down that racing heart. Pick a quiet spot in the gym, or wherever you are working out, and settle into the cool down phase of your workout for some stretches or maybe even a yoga pose or two. To help you relax, here are some mellow, soothing tunes to consider for your playlist of cool down songs.
- Call It Off – Shamir
- Pedestrian at Best – Courtney Barnett
- Ain’t Got Far To Go – Jess Glynne
- Tilted – Christine and the Queens
- Fast Car – Jonas Blue Ft. Dakota
- Coming Home – Leon Bridges
The few extra minutes of prep that it takes to choose the right kind of music to keep you motivated can make the difference between feeling great about your workout and feeling like it is pure drudgery. The right warm-up songs can help amp you up for your workout, and strength-training workout songs can keep you motivated and energized. Experiment with the different genres and artists of 2015’s best workout songs and find out what works best for you!