Frequently Asked Questions
Need help? We’re glad you asked!
Why are you closing ☹?
- Carlsbad was the very first location for Chuze Fitness opening in October 2008.
- Our company committed to a 10-year lease and we are nearing the end of that term.
Why can’t you just continue in this location?
- We have continuously evolved our model to include more amenities and bring additional value to our membership.
- The additional amenities require a larger space (our newer locations have a larger footprint) and regrettably, we are unable to remain in this location.
Have you looked for a new location in the area?
- YES! We have been looking and will continue to look for a larger location in the nearby area.
- This community means the world to us and we will be diligently trying to bring a Chuze back to the area.
Will you keep in contact with me about any new locations in the area?
- Absolutely! We will retain your contact information and you will be one of the first to know!
- Please make sure you keep us up to date if you have changed your email.
- As a charter member, if you decide to rejoin a future Chuze in this area, your current membership and pricing will be grandfathered in for up to 1 year after a new location is opened.
When are you closing and what is happening to my membership?
- LAST DAY – Friday, December 14th, 2018 – closing at 5 pm.
- DUES – No monthly membership dues will be billed after November 14th, 2018.
- ANNUAL FEES – No annual fees will be charged October 1st, 2018 and after.
- ANNUAL FEES PREVIOUSLY BILLED –
- Anyone who was billed an annual fee this year through September 30th, 2018 will be refunded a prorated amount of the annual fee based on a December 14th, 2018 membership end date.
- These fees will automatically be refunded to the card or account on file within two weeks after closing.
- Anyone canceling prior to December 14th, 2018 will not be entitled to a prorated annual fee refund unless otherwise decided by management.
- If your credit card or bank account number has changed, please call us for further instruction.
- PAID IN FULL – Anyone who Paid-in-full for one year will be refunded a prorated amount based on an end date of December 14, 2018. Refunds will be processed to the card or account on file within two weeks after closing. If your credit card or bank account number has changed, please call us for further instruction.
- CONTRACTS – No annual membership contracts will be enforced and no cancellation fees will be charged for anyone cancelling now through December 14th, 2018.
What is happening to the employees?
- Chuze is doing everything possible to take care of our valued employees and help them through the transition.
I still have questions!
- Our management will be here to answer your questions about the closing and any issues regarding your account.
- If you need to contact someone else you may contact Chuze Member Services at 760-434-7700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are you doing with all this equipment and stuff?
- Chuze will be refurbishing and reusing most of the equipment and other fixtures and will begin the removal after close of business December 14th.
How can I cancel my membership?
- Chuze Fitness requires a 10 day written notice prior to any monthly or annual billing date to cancel and avoid any future charges.
- Memberships must be in good standing prior to cancellation.
- You may cancel by coming in to any Chuze location and signing our cancellation form.
- Unable to cancel in person? Not a problem! You can send us an email, letter, or fax with a written statement containing your name, reason for cancellation, and your authorized signature.
- To obtain our email address, mailing address, or fax number, please contact your Home club.
- If you signed up for a 12 month commitment, we still require a full 10 day notice before any billing date in order to cancel and avoid future charges.
- If you are cancelling within the 12 month commitment, you may be subject to a $50 cancellation fee prior to cancellation.
- Please review your membership agreement carefully to understand the cancellation policy and $50 cancellation fee.
Buyer’s Remorse Clause:
- For brand new memberships, you are entitled to a 5 day buyer’s remorse refund if you choose to cancel.
- If you notify Chuze Fitness of your intent to cancel within 5 business days, you will receive a full refund. Please review your membership agreement carefully to understand the buyer’s remorse clause.
When is my Annual Fee charged?
The Annual Fee occurs 90 days after your enrollment date, and then once per year thereafter. Annual Fee dates differ depending on the date you enrolled. Please review your membership agreement carefully to understand when your Annual Fee occurs. You are more than welcome to contact your Home Club to get more information about the Annual Fee.
Can I transfer my membership to another person?
Memberships are non-transferrable, and cannot be transferred from one person to another.
Can I put my membership on hold?
Because of the nature of our month-to-month memberships, we are only able to freeze or put memberships on hold due to medical or military purposes, as long as documentation is provided.
- Medical: Temporary medical situation in which the member is unable to utilize the facility for a specified amount of time.
- Military: Temporary active-duty military transfer or deployment to a location more than 25 miles from a Chuze Fitness location.
If you find that you are unable to use your membership due to a medical or military purpose, please provide documentation to your Home Club.
How do I update my billing or pay my bill?
In order to update your billing information on file or make a payment, you may do so by visiting your local Chuze Fitness, logging into our secure Billing Portal (www.myiclubonline.com) or utilizing our mobile app.
Chuze generally communicates with our members about their accounts via email. Please check to see if your email address is current. You can do so by logging into our secure Billing Portal, or by calling/visiting your local Chuze Fitness.
How old do I have to be to workout at Chuze?
- To become a member, you must be at least 16 years old. We require that a parent or legal guardian be present during enrollment.
- If you are between the ages of 13-15, you are more than welcome to workout as the guest of a parent or legal guardian. They must accompany you in the facility at all times.
Are my old Rewards points still usable with the new Chuze Rewards program?
Yes, all of your points earned with the Rewards program carried over to your new Chuze Rewards account.