On August 25, 2017 one of the nation’s most damaging natural disasters in US History occurred. Hurricane Harvey affected more than 13 million people and flooded one third of Houston. With the estimated damages costing $180 billion, we knew we had to do something.
Since then, the world has been devastated with multiple natural disasters.
That’s why our team set up a fundraiser along with the Chuze Family to donate 15% of all of our retail sales from September 1 through September, 15 2017. We are happy to announce that our family raised $12,000 and are sending our donation to the American Red Cross: Hurricane Disaster Relief Fund.
Disaster Relief Fund
The Hurricane Disaster Relief Fund promises to provide assistance to households spreading across over 39 counties that were severely impacted by the hurricane. The first phase of this effort provided $45 million to over 100,000 families who were in desperate need of help.
- 375,000 stays at American Red Cross and affiliated shelters so far, through September 14
- Donations send 3,000 disaster workers to Texas
- Pay for more than 1.9 million snacks and meals in Texas and Louisiana
- Supply gas and equipment for power efforts
- Pay for over 180 emergency response vehicles to send food and supplies
- Support mental health workers to help with those affected by the disaster
- Distribute over 455,000 comfort kits
- Place more than 1,830 people in 29 emergency shelters in Florida
- Provide mental health support to over 18,800 individuals
- More than 160 emergency response vehicles providing meals and supplies across Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.
For more information on The American Red Cross, or how you can help, please visit www.redcross.org.